We help our clients contend with legal issues in banking - including restructurings, regulatory demands and the compliance costs that have come with reform.
Our firm advises on day-to-day operations and wider strategic objectives.
S & B represent clients in large banking and commercial transactions, as well as to meet their needs in regulatory, public policy and enforcement areas.
Our clients include asset managers, building societies, capital markets and their participants, investment banks, national regulators, private banks, private equity firms, professional services organizations engaged principally in financial services and retail banks.
Our firm is experienced in various facets of financial regulations, including:
- Bank Regulation & Compliance
- Broker-Dealer Regulation & Compliance
- Investment Adviser & Asset Manager Compliance
- Consumer Finance Regulation Compliance & Enforcement
- Financial Institution Formation, M&A & Divestment
- Futures & Derivatives Regulatory & Compliance
- Mortgage Lending & Servicing Regulation
- Unclaimed Property
The firm provide advices in the following:
- Strategic planning, analysis, and interpretation of legislation, amendments, and administrative.
- Rules governing the financial services industry.
- Advise on the full spectrum of secured and unsecured commercial lending transactions, including leveraged acquisition finance, asset-based and cash flow finance, and other corporate lending transactions.
- Regulatory capital requirements.
- Anti-money laundering and foreign corrupt practices legislation
- Disputes with regulatory bodies, regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings
- Prudential issues, including capital adequacy, consolidated supervision, board / senior executive roles / actions and compensation
- Bank mergers, corporate restructuring and principal investments.
- Effective global data, privacy and cyber security protection.
- Capital raises in all forms of the capital markets environment, including debt and equity (inclusive of IPOs, high yield, and investment grade offerings)
- Debt and structured financings and leveraged lending
- Structural, legal and documentation considerations that arise in derivatives and structured product transactions across all major asset classes, including credit, equity, fixed-income, currency and commodity-linked instruments
Please contact us for more information